IMPORTANT HEALTH NEWS FROM DR. PANI
How do you know if you have a cold or the flu?
- Slow onset
- Body aches
- Rarely accompanied by fever and headache
- Localized symptoms: sore throat, sinus congestion, runny nose, cough
- Swift and severe onset
- Chills, body aches, extreme fatigue
- Acute chest discomfort with severe cough
- Usually high fever (102 – 104 degrees F), headache, sore eyes, achy muscles.
Along with a diet of fresh foods, plenty of water and getting plenty of fresh air and rest, here are some TIPS to help prevent catching a cold or the flu:
- Replace hand towels daily.
- Clean door handles, faucet handles, TV remotes, computer mouse and keyboard, telephones, (or any item that is touched often and by others) every day.
- Wash hands several times a day in warm soapy water.
- Change pillowcases several times a week.
- Air out the house (but do not get chilled) every day.
- Always use tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose of properly. Wash hands after coughing andsneezing.
- Keep hands and fingers away from eyes, nose and ears.
- Always wash hands after using rest room andprotect your hand with paper towel when grabbing door handles.
It is always a good idea to discuss which over-the-counter medications are appropriate for your symptoms with your doctor. Knowing when to stay home and when to see a doctor is very important. If you are experiencing symptoms that include shortness of breath and/or fever, you may have a more serious type of respiratory infection (influenza, pneumonia or others). This is the time to be seen by a healthcare provider that very same day.
Pani Shoja, MD
Urgent Care Hawaii
About Urgent Care Hawaii: Urgent Care Hawaii medical clinics provide immediate and urgent medical care on Oahu for Pearl City, Honolulu, Waikiki, Waipahu, Aiea, Kapolei, Kunia, Waipio, Makakilo, Halawa, Mililani, Kailua and Ewa Beach. The clinics provide quick and affordable options for people needing immediate medical care and treatment for common or everyday health problems seven days a week – no appointments are necessary. The Pearl City location is certified by The Urgent Care Association of America and is a member of the Chamber of Commerce Hawaii.
Barbara Howard, BH Marketing/PR
1245 Kuala St., Pearl City, HI 96782
Office: (831) 920-2759
Cell/Text: (831) 521-8608